Saturday, December 17, 2016

Getting Through Holidays



With Christmas coming up folks are scrambling to get their cleaning done, shopping complete and all the planning to be in place. Spending time with family is a big deal around Christmastime. You want to enjoy all the laughs and stories and memories to be made. 
How many of you are missing someone this Christmas? Well I am too, and it happens multiple times a year, not just around the holidays. Nobody can tell you it's going to be easy. You will miss them whether they have passed on or just wont be able to spend Holidays together. For whatever the reason may be, just keep in mind they would want you to keep smiling and keep going. Keep your chin up as if they are there with you. Make new memories to share later, and remember old memories to pass on the happiness that once was there and can still be there.
I can remember the last Christmas I got to spend with my Dad. We didn't know his heart was sick. We didn't know it would be his last Christmas with us. He made dinner for me and my brothers. Which was yummy! Don't remember the bad in anyone, just the good they shared with you. You never know when you will lose that person, so when you are with them, laugh together, smile together, and have fun together. Put all grudges behind you, and enjoy time spent with them.
If I could have one more Christmas with my Dad, well there's so many things I could say. First I would want to spend as much time with him as I could. He would be here to see his grandkids grow. It's hard missing anyone, especially when they are gone. You can feel their presence around and there are signs they are there with you. Sometimes it takes a good cry to let it all go to ease the pain.
I sit here with tears filling my eyes just wishing Dad was here, and I know his spirit is. I can smile through the tears though as I see his face when he sees his grandchildren and spoils them with LOVE, not gifts. He was a great man and is missed by many. So although he's in heaven smiling down, it's been 10 long years without him here with us.
So folks make the best of this Christmas and make new memories with family and friends. Keeping all loved ones in mind. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and lots of laughs and fun.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
FROM YOUR AVON LADY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment